During the first class for this chapter, we dissected a perch.
We had two males and one female. These kids name everything, so one was named Jonah, the boys named theirs Samson (because they took out his eyes...!!!), and one was called Alfreda, after first being named Alfred and ended up being female.
| exposing the gills |
We ditched the saran wrap (kept sticking to the fish) in favor of freezer paper.
| "Samson" |
In our second class for this chapter, we dissected a crawdad, crayfish, or whatever you'd like to call it. =)
And the kids turned in their reports on an aquatic creature. =)
sMiLeS,


What did you require your kids to include in their report on the aquatic creature?
ReplyDeleteHmmm... I don't remember! It's been over 5 years. 😊 From the pic, it looks like I did require them to be labeled, but I can't remember anything else... I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you more. 🙂
Delete